Oh my goodness where to eve begin!? The past couple days I have had orientation at Towson University and have learned SO MUCH! There are so many components to college life that I am just so ready to dive right into like academics & courses, clubs, fitness classes, this, that, and the other. There is just so much to do for people who seek business! I know one thing is for sure, I better get my time management skills together ASAP. So here's one awesome/silly thing about this whole experience. Yesterday at the New Student Convocation the SGA student president gave a speech on the importance of involvement at TU and about if there's a club the university does not already have, make it, he used the example of a brownie baking club. It was funny when he said it and got a few laughs and a few eye rolls, I'm sure. Then again today at an involvement session another reference was made to this non existant brownie club. My best friend Rebecca, my boyfriend Robbie, and I are now on a mission to make the TU Brownie Baking Club! We are so set, basically have an adviser already & it is legit! I'm sure it won't only be about brownies, but more about outreach and giving baked goods to the poor or maybe to an old folks community, who knows we are just tossing around ideas and are thrilled to be starting something so off the wall unusual. What started as a joke has transpired into something kind of cool and exciting! We will see how this plays out & I can't wait!
As for the rest of college life, I am almost positive that I will be stressing over classes and academics. I have heard more than once about so many straight A high school students going to college and recieving C's and D's. I pray so hard that God is really on my side the first couple weeks (& way beyond) to walk with me and help me through this!
I still haven't gotten a dance class or anything, which I should probably send an email to someone to attempt to fix that, time to figure that out!
Next post will be after the first day or week of classes I'm sure! eek! I pray all goes well!
<3 Nichole
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment