Saturday, September 5, 2009

First week down, second week to go

The first week of college is over! All in all, it was a really great week, all of my classes ran smoothly (after I got one changed) and yes there is plenty of homework to keep me busy, but I actually enjoy reading and learning the material. I have met many wonderful people, have reconnected with some highschool buds & I love it! Lets see, what all happened this week:

Monday: first day of classes. I had bio lecture, philosophy, & calc lecture. The funny thing about calc was, the class is supposed to be 2 hours long and we got out in 10min. :D Kinda ncie.

Tuesday: I had calc & that was basically it, but that was enough for that day because it caused me to drop the class. Don't get me wrong, the class wasn't terrible but the teacher was Chinese, could barely speek english, hadn't taugh a day in his life (which he even admitted to), and told us we have off of class one day during the semester so he can get his degree..oh my goodness. Calculus is tought enough for me without having a non-teaching Chinese man attempt to teach it to me! :/ I bet he will turn out to be a fine teacher & he was really nice but I just freaked out and had to make a switch. Then I worked @ Panera from 4-cl.

Wednesday: bio, philosophy, & bio lab. By wednesday I was so excited because I loved everything about biology thus far. It is all so interesting and exciting! :D It was a late day, but I loved the lab so I was content. When I had gotten home I had to figure out how to actually switch my calculus class around, which I did after much frusteration and 35min (literally, no exaggeration) on hold with academic services, just to hang up and try to call back to get the automated recording "Sorry, the academic office is currently closed." Ohhh, was I frusterated, but luckily I had one of the academic advisors direct line, called him and got it switched! Amen.

Thursday: new calc class. I LOVE ITTT! now Tuner & I are in the same class which is wonderful because we can help eachother out. It always seems that his strengths are my weaknessed and vice versa which is great b/c we can usually answer eachothers questions. :D Only problem with the new calc class is we get TONS OF HOMEWORK. But hey, I think it's better to have a teacher who is amazing and is comprehendable with a ton of homework than one you can't unserstand with little homework. But, that's just me.

ALSO! on thursday we had our brownie baking meeting with TU's coordinator for student organizations/our club advisor Chris! We figured out a lot of logistics for the new club, and got registered with involved @ TU, so everybody is able to join now! All we have to do is come up with the Brownie Baking constitution, have a meeting with SGA to get us approved! :D

Friday: bio lecture, philosophy, & english, notice this is my only day of english which means the class is close to 3 hours long! It's going to be tough just sitting in the same classroom for three hours straight, but I think it will be alright because I love the teacher and the class should be a breeze. (fingers crossed!)

Such a long post, but this week has been wonderful, thank you Jesus, & I can't wait to continue this college journey! :D As for today, headed to the pool. Tonight, dinner & a movie with Tuner & Bek :D

<3 Chole

No comments:

Post a Comment